Rally Against Poverty! Demand a welfare system for everyone.
The Welfare Expert Advisory Group, set up by the Labour Government to make recommendations on welfare reform, are having a public meeting in Kaitaia and we need to be there to demand a welfare system that works for everyone! We need to show them and the Labour Government that beneficiaries and low-income workers deserve to live in dignity.
Come along to this meeting and join auckland action against poverty to demand:
1. Remove all sanctions from the Social Security Act.
2. Increase benefit levels to a liveable income.
3. Treat adults in the benefit system as individuals without penalising them for being in a partnership.
4. House people in permanent, safe, healthy public housing
5. Ensure that applicants receive all the assistance to which they are entitled.
Where & When: Kaitaia, 11am Thursday 1st November, venue: TBC