Rally Against Poverty! Demand a welfare system for everyone.
The Welfare Expert Advisory Group, set up by the Labour Government to make recommendations on welfare reform, are having a public meeting in Whangarei and we need to be there to demand a welfare system that works for everyone! We need to show them and the Labour Government that beneficiaries and low-income workers deserve to live in dignity.
Come along to this meeting and join auckland action against poverty to demand:
1. Remove all sanctions from the Social Security Act.
2. Increase benefit levels to a liveable income.
3. Treat adults in the benefit system as individuals without penalising them for being in a partnership.
4. House people in permanent, safe, healthy public housing
5. Ensure that applicants receive all the assistance to which they are entitled.
Where & When: Whangarei, 6pm Wednesday 31st October, ASB Lounge ASB Leisure Centre, Corner of Western Hills Drive and Kensington Ave, Kensington, Whangarei.
Corner Western Hills Drive and Kensington Ave Kensington
Google map and directions